Punjab Birth Certificate & Correction
Birth certificate is a legal identity document which is issued by the Chief Registrar in the State. Registration of birth is mandatory under the Punjab Government as per the provisions of Registration of Birth Act. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining birth certificate in Punjab.
Benefits of Birth certificate
There are various benefits for registering birth certificate are listed out:
- Admission in schools.
- Obtaining passport, driving license etc.
- To establish employment to citizens.
- Proving age of majority/minority in court.
The applicant who is a resident of Punjab state can register for the issuance of Punjab birth certificate.
Registering Birth in Punjab
Every individual is required to register births within 21 days from the date of birth. The registration of birth has to be done by the following specified persons:
- Birth in urban areas: – If the birth occurs in hospital, health center or nursing home, any person who is authorized by the medical institution is responsible to register the birth in the respective registrar office.
- Birth in rural areas: – If the birth occurs in a house ,the head of the household is eligible to register the birth with the concerned authority.
Download Birth Certificate Urban: Click Here
Download Birth Certificate Rural: Click Here
Download Correction to Birth Certificate: Click Here
The following documents are to be furnished at the time of submitting the application form.
- Medical discharge certificate of the child.
- Proof of residence.
- Parent Identity Proof (optional).
The applicant can apply for birth certificate in Punjab by remitting a fee of Rs.2 per copy.
Online Application Procedure – Urban / Rural Areas
To register birth certificate under urban areas, follow the steps given below
Step 1: The applicant must visit to the official website http://www.punjab.gov.in/ of Punjab.
Step 2: Click on “Citizen login” on the home page of the portal.
Step 3: On the ‘Next’ page, choose “Issuance of Birth certificate (urban areas) ” from the list of online services.
Step 4: Then, click on “Apply online” which can be found below the urban birth certificate option.
Step 5: Fill the form with required details and attach the scanned documents.